Call for ACML Distinguished Contribution Award
|10 Jun 2022||Nominations Due|
|30 June 2022||Recommendation from ACML Award Committee to Steering Committee (SC)|
|15 July 2022||Awardee Notification (if approved by SC)|
The ACML Steering Committee (SC) decided to establish the ACML Distinguished Contribution Award from 2018. More details about the policy can be seen here.
The AwardThe awardee will be invited to attend the conference of that year and give a 10 minutes talk (not necessarily technical) at the banquet. They will also receive travel support, an award and a plaque (with name carved). If the awardee cannot attend the banquet for compelling reasons, the talk will be given at the main conference.
- Steering Committee voting members cannot be nominated for the award.
- The awardee must have significant relationship with ACML, e.g.,
- steering committee, general chair, program chair, or
- 2+ times as area chair, other chairs, or
- 4+ times as program committee member, or
- 5+ papers published in ACML, or
- Anyone can nominate a candidate for the award.
- Award nomination material: Note that the nominee should be well-known within the community. The nomination requires only: 1) the name and current affiliation of the nominee, and 2) at most one paragraph describing the relationship of the nominee with ACML.
- Please email award nominations to: email@example.com by June 10, 2022.
- The SC will appoint an award committee consisting of 3 people, in each year’s SC meeting, for the award to be presented the following year.
- Each year there will be, at most one awardee, who must have contributed significantly to promote machine learning in the Geo-regions covered by ACML, in research and service.
- Award committee makes a recommendation with citation to the SC, before June 30, 2022.
- The SC will vote to approve or disapprove the recommendation: If approved, the SC chair will send notification to the awardee by July 15, 2022. If disapproved, the SC will not present the award this year.
2022 Award Committee
- Ichiro Takeuchi, Nagoya University, Japan
- Min-Ling Zhang, Southeast University, China
- Lee Wee Sun, National University of Singapore