About the conference venue
WINC Aichi (Main venue)
ACML2019 will be held at "WINC Aichi" (ウインクあいち; website in Japanese), a five-minute walk from Nagoya station.
Address: Meieki 4-Chome 4-38, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi-ken 450-0002 (愛知県名古屋市中村区名駅4丁目4-38) Google Maps
Nagoya Nohgakudo (名古屋能楽堂)
- Nov.18 afternoon, Special sessions
- Address: Sannomaru 1-Chome 1-1, Naka-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi-ken 460-0001 (愛知県名古屋市中区三の丸1丁目1-1) Google Maps
Hotel Nagoya Castle (ホテルナゴヤキャッスル)
- Nov.18 night, Banquet
- Address: Hinokuchicho 3-19, Nishi-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi-ken 451-8551 (愛知県名古屋市西区樋の口町3-19) Google Maps
We will move to/from these venues above by bus. See the program for the schedule.
Access from Nagoya station to the venue
After arriving at Nagoya station, you will want to exit on the east side of the station to get to the venue.
- If you arrive on a JR line (including Shinkansen), the Aonami line or city subway Sakura-dori line, find guideboards for the Sakura-dori side or Hirokoji side exit, or the subway Higashiyama line station.
- The Nagoya Railroad (Meitetsu) lines (including from the airport), Kintetsu line, and the city subway Higashiyama line are all located on the east side of Nagoya station.
Please note that within Nagoya station there are not many guideboards indicating WINC Aichi. It is easier to find a guideboard indicating MIDLAND SQUARE. WINC Aichi is connected to MIDLAND SQUARE via an underground path.
Access to Nagoya station
From Centrair (Central Japan International Airport)
Centrair (Central Japan International Airport) is the nearest international airport to Nagoya city.
Train: Nagoya Railroad (Meitetsu) provides the fastest access between the airport and downtown Nagoya. Between the airport and Nagoya station,
- 870 yen (+ 360 yen for a first-class car ticket)
- 28 minutes by "μ-SKY": the fastest service (only first-class cars, twice-hourly during the daytime)
- 35 minutes by "Limited Express": the second fastest service (both first-class and ordinary cars, twice-hourly during the daytime)
- Bus: Buses between the airport and central Nagoya city travel to some hotels and bus stations. There are also buses between the airport and cities nearby.
See details for the access information on the website of the airport.
By Shinkansen (superexpress trains)
Shinkansen (superexpress) trains are also available, which connect Nagoya with major cities further afield such as Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka.
- Tokyo - Nagoya: About 1 hour and 40 minutes, 11,090 yen
- Kyoto - Nagoya: About 35 minutes, 5,800 yen
- Shin-Osaka - Nagoya: About 50 minutes, 6,560 yen
(Times and fares are for the fastest service "Nozomi", reserved seats, without discounts. 200-yen addition or discount may be applied depending on the day the train is taken.)
See the website of the operator JR Central for details.
Local rail services
The following operators provide local rail services to Nagoya station.