|20 May 2021||Nominations Due|
|30 June 2021||Recommendation from ACML Award Committee to Steering Committee (SC)|
|15 July 2021||Awardee Notification (if approved by SC)|
Deadlines are 23:59 Pacific Time (PST/PDT) for all dates.
The ACML Steering Committee (SC) decided to establish the ACML Distinguished Contribution Award from 2018. More details about the policy can be seen at http://www.acml-conf.org/award.
The awardee will be invited to attend the conference of that year and give a 10 minutes’ talk (not necessarily technical) at the banquet. They will also receive travel support, an award and a plaque (with name carved). In case the conference is held online, the awardee’s 10 minutes’ talk will be given at the main conference.
- Steering Committee voting members cannot be nominated for the award.
- The awardee must have significant relationship with ACML, e.g.,
- steering committee, general chair, program chair, or
- 2+ times as area chair, other chairs, or
- 4+ times as program committee member, or
- 5+ papers published in ACML, or
These are just examples, and the significance is to be judged by the award committee.
- This is a premium award of machine learning in the geographical scope of ACML, and thus, the nominee should be well-known within the ACML community.
- Anyone can nominate a candidate for the award.
- Award nomination material: Note that the nominee should be well-known within the community. The nomination requires only: 1) the name and current affiliation of the nominee, and 2) at most one paragraph describing the relationship of the nominee with ACML.
- Please email award nominations to: email@example.com by May 20, 2021.
- The SC will appoint an award committee consisting of 3 people, in each year’s SC meeting, for the award to be presented the following year.
- Each year there will be, at most one awardee, who must have contributed significantly to promote machine learning in the Geo-regions covered by ACML, in research and service.
- Award committee makes a recommendation with citation to the SC, before June 30, 2021.
- The SC will vote to approve or disapprove the recommendation: If approved, the SC chair will send notification to the awardee by July 15, 2021. If disapproved, the SC will not present the award this year.
2021 Award Committee
- Min-Ling Zhang (Southeast University, China)
- Masashi Sugiyama (RIKEN/The University of Tokyo, Japan)
- Ichiro Takeuchi (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan)