ACML Distinguished Contribution Award
The ACML Steering Committee (SC) decided to establish the ACML Distinguished Contribution Award from 2018. More details about the policy can be seen at http://www.acml-conf.org/Award.ashx.
The awardee will be invited to attend the conference of that year and give a 10 minutes' talk (not necessarily technical) at the banquet. They will also receive travel support, an award and a plaque (with name carved).
- Steering Committee voting members cannot be nominated for the award.
- The awardee must have significant relationship with ACML, e.g.,
- steering committee, general chair, program chair, or
- 2+ times as area chair, other chairs, or
- 4+ times as program committee member, or
- 5+ papers published in ACML, or
- This is a premium award of machine learning in the geographical scope of ACML, and thus, the nominee should be well-known within the ACML community.
- Anyone can nominate a candidate for the award.
- Award nomination material: Note that the nominee should be well-known within the community. The nomination requires only: 1) the name and current affiliation of the nominee, and 2) at most one paragraph describing the relationship of the nominee with ACML.
- Please email award nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 10, 2019.
- The SC will appoint an award committee consisting of 3 people, in each year's SC meeting, for the award to be presented the following year.
- Each year there will be, at most one awardee, who must have contributed significantly to promote machine learning in the Geo-regions covered by ACML, in research and service.
- Award committee makes a recommendation with citation to the SC, before Jun. 30.
- The SC will vote to approve or disapprove the recommendation: If approved, the SC chair will send notification to the awardee by Jul. 15. If disapproved, the SC will not present the award this year.
- 2019 Award Committee: Hiroshi Motoda (Osaka University, Japan), Wray Buntine (Monash University, Australia), Masashi Sugiyama (RIKEN AOP and University of Tokyo, Japan).